• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton 10 ton

m.walker

I've thought on this for awhile . I love the looks of a 10 ton , but not as useable as a 5 ton . Take a 5 ton , lift it like the guys with deuces have lately . Move the front axle back to center it in the wheel well . Add some 16x20's and a deuce bed , reminds me of an M125 . I think it would have the looks of the 10 ton and the road going ability of the 5 ton . As a side note I don't remember what member has this cool truck , but it was the perfect one to demonstrate what I was meaning .

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Not so much the look of a 10Ter but the LOOK of a WW2 prim mover, almost like the short wheel base BROCKWAY prim mover, the only thing missing is the behind the cab winch with the cable running UNDER the bed to the rear and sand bags in the bed for weight, I think the biggest tires that I would run would be 1200x20s duels, anything bigger would draw the eye from the total build to the tires

Attachments

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
That look was what I was going for, but as of today still don't have the extra bucks lying around for the tires or wheels!

Attachments

Vintage iron

M.Walker I like the look and I would do it to my truck, BUT I have a winch bumper and that thing sticks out way to much now. I would like to find a tire rack that fits between the cab and body too. Nice job!

wehring

Like it

I have to admit... I like the looks of the truck inthe first post. That much tire clearance on a bobbed M925 would be the ticket.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

eldgenb

I have to admit... I like the looks of the truck inthe first post. That much tire clearance on a bobbed M925 would be the ticket.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112
I agree completely, I think a bobbed 5 ton lifted 12" would be the ticket on this idea.

wehring

4"

I am thinking 4" to put the rear air bags in the middle of their range of motion. I only have 2" of compression since I was trying to make the back level with the front. I will air the rear springs up to mid range and match the front. It should be between 4" and 6".

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Kalashnikov

I'm working on making my 10ton have better drive ability right now IE: do at least 50mph cruise. I'm thinking if I can just put an OD gear box in front of the rear axles I'd be all set. Obviously I couldn't use OD with the front axle or when towing max load (which I don't have anything that big yet!).

Still wondering about tires.

Another option would be to swap in a Big cam 400 and 16speed cat like the M915/6/20s if the Mack stuff takes a dump.

Vintage iron

I usually don't recommend 16.00R20, because they take all the power out, but if you were going to a bigger engine. That maybe OK. Seems like a lot of work, maybe you should have bought a later truck, maybe a 900 series? When all is said and done. It will be cheaper!

eldgenb

I usually don't recommend 16.00R20, because they take all the power out, but if you were going to a bigger engine. That maybe OK. Seems like a lot of work, maybe you should have bought a later truck, maybe a 900 series? When all is said and done. It will be cheaper!
what is the fun in taking the easy route! ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks