• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton Diff Oil

blitchj

Can someone with knowledge on the 5 ton rockwells give a
brand and weight to add to my truck. I just changed the outer
gasket where one of the axles was leaking fluid, I made my own gasket
and used Hi Temp RVT to seal it up. Now I need to top off the fluid and
would like to know whats best to use. Thanks in Advance !!! Jim

zout

The TM for the 5 ton gives that information what is required lubes. You can find the TM's on the main page under TM's

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use 80W-90 gear oil. Any brand name would be fine. I use Valvoline. Some guys swear by synthetic; I used non-synthetic, but that is more because of price and the fact that these are hobby trucks for me and never get worked.

Vintage iron

I went though the same thing and everyone danced around the question and got the TM bomb a few time. The long and short is just use regular non-synthetic 80-90 gear oil. Synthetic is not worth it for the miles we will run with these trucks. PM me if you have more specific question.

blitchj

Use 80W-90 gear oil. Any brand name would be fine. I use Valvoline. Some guys swear by synthetic; I used non-synthetic, but that is more because of price and the fact that these are hobby trucks for me and never get worked.
Hey Thanks !! I appreciate the Info ! Thanks Also to Vintage Iron !

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks