• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5-ton gun trucks in Iraq?

SEAFIRE

Found these pictures and reference to a official kit for these trucks:

!st pic shows one after conversion, 2nd pic is after one was hit by an IED.

Last edited by a moderator:

Strykerboy

A buddy of mine David Mccormick installed a few of tho's kit's on 5 tons 'he said he felt safer in the back of that 5 ton than inside a bradley or m113... i'd say from that pic he was right... I' allso saw a few m817's up armored to the to mad max standards back in iraq around 2003 that belonged to an engener company. 2-3 .50 cals along with mk19's and an m240b mounted in the passengers side window like a bow gunner off a shearman tank lol

mcmullag

SeaFire,
I believe we are not to post any battle damage pics because..... the bad guys have access to the world wide web and can google for this stuff and find out what methods of their's work good for them, and don't work good, from their perspective. Maybe a Moderator can weigh-in on this.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The images were removed because it is against a rule to post images depicting battle damage to property or injuries to our soldiers.

(The rules include also a prohibition of gory images and images depicting the wounded or deceased enemy, as the showcasing of suffering or death is not proper family entertainment. )

Images depicting damaged allied persons and property are expressly forbidden because we will not give the enemy the satisfaction of seeing their work results, nor will we allow the enemy to have photos to analyze as a means of quality control. We do not control the entire www. We will control this small outpost.

Members are assured that the management takes this very seriously.

If the one picture for sure shows only a kit, then it can be reposted by the original member.

Thank you for your attention to this highly important matter.

Opcom

Last edited:

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the kits are perfectly OK to show and very interesting to read about. Who knows what might show up surplus?
It's no fun having to delete items and mention rules, especially in an interesting thread where it's obvious the intention was good. Thanks to our members for their support. This board is really one of the nicest, and I think it is the most informative one out there, and that is because of the members.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks