• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton PTO out put seal

jatonka

First, I did a search.
Can anyone give me a civilian part number for the 5 ton PTO output seal on an M39 deries which should also be the 800 series PTO for the forward facing out put shaft for the winch driveshaft?
I bent my drive shaft Saturday pulling out a pickup built on 5 ton axles running 60 inch rice and cane tires in a heck of a mud bog. I have a shaft but need to replace the seal in the PTO.
As a matter of interest, I was pulling in high retrieve because I was having trouble finding loe speed and it was a terrible hard pull, all my fault on bending the driveshaft. The shear pin is aluminum and it did not break, only has a small bend in it. I'm pretty sure it is a military pin but there is a chance it might be one of the ones I built. I keep the RPMs around 1000 when I do recoveries .
The existing seal is a Trostel 256-148-8

Thank you, JT

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have this seal number for an M35a2 PTO output shaft. CR Seal PN 12530

From what G has posted, both the 2.5 ton and 5 ton PTO shaft diameters are the same. The shaft lengths are different.

jatonka

Thank you DH, you are a gentleman. Maybe G will post a verificaation for me?

If anyone sends me pics of the recovery last Saturday, I will put them on SS. It was really something

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you DH, you are a gentleman. Maybe G will post a verificaation for me?
John, sorry for not responding immediately!
YES, for the two PTO's sharing the same seals.
Output shafts are different but still the same diameters; 1-1/4" where the seal rides on - (pic w/ arrows).

The seal in question would be a Timken 471787; or better their wider, encased one 410244. Both are double lip type, which I prefer over the TCM (single lipped) shown in the last pic.

Dimensions, below...

G.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks