• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5-ton service to hire

captcarc

Greetings!

I have a 5-ton with NHC-250 in Arlington, Texas. I don't have time to work on it and have two systems needing service before I drive it 90 miles to my new house. Fuel: It drove well until sitting for 6 months and critters may have chewed a fuel line. It has a leak when running and will abruptly "die" when driving it. Air: An ongoing air pressure problem has gotten worse. It won't retain pressure for over a minute after shutting down and I can't hear a leak. I have "honking" in the intake when brakes are applied, have replaced the "treadle valve?" on the inside of the front bumper to no avail and am ordering another. It would be great to hire a local guy to work on my rig.

Thanks!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The air thru the intake is a service or spring brake diaphragms. Replace all 10 service ones and all 4 spring ones together. If i am in the Dallas area i can get it moved to your place for cheap.

Edit: The fact that your losing air pressure after you shut it off tells me it is on the emergency side which is a good inclination of a diaphragm. Especially if your emergency brake is not set when it does so. The valve on the front of the truck is the Q2 valve not the treadle valve. It only controls the front brake system and it vents thru the intake. Did you make sure it was hooked back up right? The drivers side ports the 2 lower ones specifically can easily be confused and they both have enough slack to interchange.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

captcarc

I had labeled the hoses and reattached the way they were. In a few days, I'll receive a NOS Q2 valve that is identical to the original and will see how that works. Out of curiosity, I am holding the original in my hands. I can see the brass "sleeve" inside the delivery ports. The brass sleeve is rotated to where the hole is half visible looking in the port. I cannot rotate the sleeve to change the position of the hole. Is that normal? And I have no idea how this valve is supposed to work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks