• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

53s on a m923a2

6x6guy

Good to know, talked to someone who sells military tires recently and he stated that the availability of the 49 inch tires are almost near the end
and whats out there are from the destroyed and parted out trucks. He also said there are plenty of 46 inch tires in the system and depending on inventory of current vehicles in the Reserves and National Guard units and will be needed for a while yet.
The 53 inch tires are and will be needed for current vehicles in the Armed Services, but the demand for the tires are a premium and a good percentage are being sent over seas, were they are getting top $$$ for them.

Last edited:

chess

no lift kit is needed. but if you run the xzl when u turn to the right all the way its going to rub on the pitman arm on the steering box. but its nothing to worry about i load my a2's with over 16 tons of water and i never had a problem.

Andrmorr

What will the 1600s do to cruise speed?
Gearing wise it would add top end speed, BUT... the tires themselves are speed limited to 55mph...probably due to the soft sidewalls offroad tires have. There's been some debate on here that the factory speed limit of the tires to 55 was set based on the tire being fully loaded which is near impossible on a 5 ton since each tire can hold 14,540 lbs (x 6 tires= 87,540 lbs!!!)...Logic says that at a load of only 25% and a lower air pressure than the max of 120psi, the tire would be safe at higher road speeds...that is up to each driver to decide...there is that one 5 ton that was clocked doing a steady 80+?!?!?!

Last edited:

dfletcher12

I moved up to the 53's. Everyone told me they would clear the bottom of bed....took it out in the desert down a steep ravine....bent the heck out of the underneath support brackets of the bed, broke off the light bars I had installed underneath. Ended up having to raise the bed 6" to accommodate the larger tires.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks