• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 N/A or 6.5HMMWV turbo engine running upright???

andytk5

Can one of these engines (pref a 6.5 center turbo) be run in an upright position? Water pump up, turbo down oreintation using a dry sump oiling system? Would there be any issues with the oil on the rockers, cam, etc? Seems the dry sump system can be used to scavenge for the turbo oiling.

I know this sounds :cookoo: but lets not focus on that right now.

Tanner

...would most-likely leak out the 'bottom' (crank rear seal & valve covers) like a call-girl with the clap. Oiling could be a major problem.

andytk5

...would most-likely leak out the 'bottom' (crank rear seal & valve covers) like a call-girl with the clap. Oiling could be a major problem.
Hahahaaaaa!!!!!!:drool: Love it. Good points. I am waiting for some to roll thru Jax sometime. I'd like to pick up some 6.2s just for spares and the 6.5T if they ever show up.

If the rear seal could be handled (I wonder how outboard engines do it?) maybe some small oil piping could be used inside the valve covers to direct oil like squirters. Maybe even play with the oil pressure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks