• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 or 6.5 engine ?

Chief_919

Can't say for sure with that picture but the emissions sticker is typical of GEP 6.5's.

Last edited by a moderator:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a 6.5.

Wire Fox

Everything's more vivid and clean than my engine, that's for sure. Otherwise, looks the same as my 6.5 GEP. I'm trying to wipe everything down as I go through and work on different portions of the engine, since it makes a big job feel a little easier...

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your 6.5 is a de-tuned motor.
The 6.5 with a 4L80e trans is not de-tuned, and has a different injection pump , water pump, and eng. harness.
6.5 turbo also has a diff. Inj. pump heads, manifolds, and eng. harness as the other two.

Wire Fox

The 6.5 with a 4L80e trans is not de-tuned, and has a different injection pump , water pump, and eng. harness.
6.5 turbo also has a diff. Inj. pump heads, manifolds, and eng. harness as the other two.
While I'm 100% that the part numbers are different, isn't the injection pump for the 6.5 NA detuned and 6.5 NA the same, except that the 6.5 NA detuned pump has the flow rate dialed down from the factory? This one's really for my own confirmation, because I really don't want to think about also buying a new injection pump right now while doing my 4L80E upgrade... I've spent enough money already before even getting to the "high maintenance" part of HMMWV.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
correct Greg...the 6.5NA in the 4L80E equipped trucks have a lot more felt torque and HP.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks