• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 vs 6.5 tug of war

cucvrus

And then? Is there a sequel?

I think the CUCV was up for the match. The stack bent on the 6.5 reduced the torque that was being applied to the rear wheels. A taller straight stack would help output. The longer stack on the passengers side of the CUCV was an unfair advantage over the shorter curved stack on the 6.5. Now take them back in the garage and put dual stacks on each one and do a final pull off. Huge improvement and a very useful post indeed. Thank you.

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think stacks on a truck is a waste of good steel. They would be better served being used as a sewer discharge pipe. But yes it is a useful post.

Bighorn

The angle of the pull aided the taller truck.
Reduced the contact presure of the lower trucks rear axle.

cucvrus

Excellent work by the spotters and nice driving.
That's how you wheel without destroying stuff.
WOW. We always tease each other about needing a spotter. Especially in deep mud. I blame my Son's. I say if you would have been a better spotter I would not be stuck up to the doors in mud. HA. I remember when my Son was younger and he would do just about anything I ask him to do. Hold the spark plug wire to see if the motorcycle had spark. Walk across the pasture and field to see if it was muddy. Fun times. That's why he made such a fine Marine. Have a great day.

LT67

The 4:56 gearing and Detroit locker were probably more of a factor than the engines.
Exactly, Friday evening I pulled a 2wd truck out of a deep ditch back on to the pavement. I just put the transfer case in 4 wheel low, locked in the hubs and pulled it out with ease. Of course I'm still trying to figger out how they missed their driveway entrance and went into the ditch....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My opinion of tug o wars isn't good. Seems like kids trying to compensate for a lack in other departments. Huge stacks fall into the same category. It saddens me to see former military trucks used in this manner but alas, it's the owners perogative.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks