• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2L Starter Fastener Size Questions

NMC_EXP

My M1009 will not crank. I've done the troubleshooting and determined everything on the cabin side of the firewall is OK. I replaced the solenoid under the dash as insurance. and will do doghead's upgrade ASAP. I intended to replace the starter with a new gear drive unit on general principles anyway - this failure just moved it up the list.

I need to verify that I have all parts on hand to change out the starter this weekend.

I will check the wires, cables, ground strap etc for problems after I drop the starter.

SITUATION:

The p/n 14028931 BRACKET, ANGLE is missing from the vehicle.

The heat shield (part # unknown - does not show in the -20P) is rattling around loose between the starter and exhaust manifold and the bolt which held it to the block is missing.

--I've ordered (2) BOLT, CLOSE TOLERANCE p/n 15544950 from GM.

--I've ordered (1) BRACKET, STRAIGHT p/n 23502557 from GM

--I've ordered (1) SPACER PLATE, p/n 23500396, discontinued by GM, ordered from Vintage Parts via GM dealer.

QUESTIONS:

(1) Need to verify the bolt size which holds BRACKET, STRAIGHT and I assume the heat shield (?) to the block. From what I've read it is a metric M8 x 1.5 x 20mm long. Is that the correct size?

(2) Need the thread size of the BRACKET, STRAIGHT mounting stud on the gear reduction starter from DB Electric so I can get the correct nut.

Thanks

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks