• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6 inch stacks on deuce

jrobinson5093

here are some more pics of it almost ready. and one of what it did look like:jumpin: Its kinda real loud but has a nice deep sound im gonna put some turn outs on it.

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why only 6"?

jrobinson5093

I figured if they were big enough for some thing that has a engine twice the size as mine and makes three times as much power they should work well. the 5 inch stacks on my duramax works fine and it makes close to 500 horsepower.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How much horsepower do you expect to gain with the stacks?

rorybellows

i was curious as to what that would look like. what are you doing bed wise? you gonna bob it? howz it sound? gotta be louder than the one coming out the fender.

its rare to here unmuffled cattle hauler pipes around here, but i heard one the other day as i was going up tiger summit. he was comin down the hill, and i sure as **** heard him way before i saw him. he went by and i thought that my wind-ers were gonna explode.

an old timer told me a story about putting the right gage pee-anna wire in a certain size pipe will shatter windows when jaking hard. anybody else ever hear this?

jrobinson5093

the truck was a 109a3 i took the box off and made a shop out of it. I have been lookin for a bed to put on it. i was gonna put my holmes 600 wrecker on it but choose not to. it is pretty loud but i am hopeing whem i put the turn outs on it wont be so loud in the cab. To me it sounds awesome. I will make a video and put it up when i can.

plym49

Wet noodle time, I hope not anyway. I don't know what you were holding up with that bottle jack on top of the concrete block. If it was anything that could conk you on the noggin, you were asking for trouble. Blocks have very little strength in that direction - sideways, with the load on the web. The block should be up as if you were building a wall, that way the web is in compression, where it is strong, and not tension which is what happens when the block is sideways. Concrete is not strong in tension and should never be loaded in tension. Also, best practice is to have something resilient - like a piece of 2x10 - between the block and the jack so that the load is transferred evenly to the block insted of potentially having the load concentrated in one spot from the base of the jack. Concrete also does not like point loads, which is why star drills work.

OK, nagging mode off.

jrobinson5093

no it actually gave me more whistle. it is a d turbo. and the black and jack were just holding a piece a 5 inch pipe. I would never try to pick up and thing on a deuce with that jack or a block.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks