• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

60 amp alternator question

Glider

I've been having problems with my alternator. Took it to a shop who ultimately would not work on it. They did take it apart and tell me the brushes Looked good. I ordered a regulator from eBay. While swapping out the regulator i realized there is a 4th pen on the new regulator where there is only 3 on the old one.Has anyone ran into this problem? Attached as a picture of the old regulator with pen pointing to location of the 4th blade on replacement regulator.. I hooked up the 3 wires same as the old one and left the extra unused.

Attachments

papakb

There were 2 series of 60 amp alternators made by Prestolite/Leece-Neville that are now made and supported by Southern Automotive. The early style is the AMA5102 that has three round pins on the regulator board and the later style AMA5104 has 4 blade connectors on it's board.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks