• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

67 With an 87 Multifuel - Got Some Questions

ceetwarrior

Hey guys, my '67 was overhauled with an '87 multifuel. It's a non whistler turbo.

Couple questions I'm curious to know. There's a small 1/8" red plastic hose that seems to be slowly leaking fuel. What is it, and what does it do? See pic 1.

Also, there's another plastic hose that is capped off by the turbo that goes to the air system. What is it? See pic 2. Do these hoses have to do with the 67 to 87 swap?

Last is the alternator setup. Or I'm assuming it's an alt not a generator. I'm assuming the 67 truck came with generator, that's what the gauge says. I'm getting 24v only, while running. I was doing some searching threads trying to figure out troubleshooting but after looking at the silicone job done on it I think I'll take it to a guy I know locally and have it gone through. See pic 3.
Thank you in advance.IMG_20211114_144721488.jpgIMG_20211114_144643120_HDR.jpgIMG_20211114_144525917_HDR.jpg

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1) and 2) are part of your flame heater cold start system that seems to have been partially decommissioned.

It should be completely removed (search for flame heater removal) or gone through and refurbished. The main issue with it when leaky is that it leaks diesel fuel into your crankcase, thinning out the engine oil.

"Deuce making oil" are fun threads to read.

3) the voltage regulator on the alternator is adjustable but yours looks like it needs a little help.

If you look into the technical manuals for the truck, you will find the systems all well illustrated and explained.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks