• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

7" Receiver Riser Question

kjo43

I just bought a M101A2 -> More on that later once its in hand :)

Need a little help from those who have one of these 7" risers, maybe grab me a quick measurement from center of receiver to center of pintle?

I need an effective 5" net rise from the center of my receiver to get to 25"... The question I'm trying to answer is will a 7" riser plate (like this) using the highest setting get me enough height using the top 4 mounting holes? I don't want to buy the 12" riser for a number of reasons.

Thanks!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, if the vertical bolt spacing is 1.75", then the top set of holes should mount the pintle hitch 5.25" higher.

Last edited:

kjo43

Well, if the verticle bolt spacing is 1.75", then the top set of holes should mount the pintle hitch 5.25" higher.
Yes, you are right on - there's 5.25" of adjustment in 3 choices (top, middle or bottom). but Bottom may actually place the lunette resting point lower than the center of the receiver, I cannot tell this without having both the riser and pintle together.

kjo43

And the answer is....

Drumroll please.......

The 7 1/2" riser + pintle in the top holes, gets you an effective lunette height 2.5-3" higher than the center of your receiver.

Thanks to all those who played.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365772012.704867.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks