• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

700r4 or 400

bgekky3

I am sorry for the non mil thread, but there are a lot of informed people here that can lend a hand. I pulled the engine in the truck in my avator due to a bad rod bearing. It has a 383 chevy. It weighs 3800 pounds empty and ran 12.52 @ 112 @ 4250 feet elevation on a 100 degree day. I am having 700r4/np208 issues. Both need a rebuild.

My question is...should I rebuild the 700r4 or use a turbo 400 with a trans brake? The truck was my daily driver in El Paso, but it has no choke on the carb so it is stored for the winters in Ohio.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Here is a link to a video.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENZY1puXpX0[/media]

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your tire diameter likely gives you all the overdrive you need so the 4th gear is not needed. You can throw all the money you have at a 700 and it still will not be as strong as a built 400.

If you need one, I have three 400 sb's in the garage.

bgekky3

Thanks Ron. I have to see what is laying around the shop when I get back. I just lost my job down south, so I will be leaving in a week. I just have to decide if I want to keep it 4x4 or go for broke in the quarter. I guess if I wanted to go faster I should have started with a car. I might get into the mud drags, but the sand is so much easier to clean up.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Ron. I have to see what is laying around the shop when I get back. I just lost my job down south, so I will be leaving in a week. I just have to decide if I want to keep it 4x4 or go for broke in the quarter. I guess if I wanted to go faster I should have started with a car. I might get into the mud drags, but the sand is so much easier to clean up.

This is what one of my son's friends run.
Chevota!

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd go 400 as well for what you are doing. Put the 700 and 208 curbside and I'll be along to fetch it! LOL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks