• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

803A @ 115% ok?

JRM

Well we had another power outage, (its still out right now) during the kiddos birthday party & a packed house with 8 kiddos under 6 & 3 cute chicks cooking for 3 family's bunch of crock pots's toaster ovens and microwave on. I quickly got the 803A running (before the wife could bitch about her point in moving to town) and it immediately jumped to 90% with all the appliances + water heater on and up to 115% with the well pump on. its throwing lots of smoke with visible sparks-- probably getting rid of that last bit of wet stacking. Is 115% load ok? If I Upgrade Is the 804A or Ammps 1050 are those units single phase?
Thanks, super glad I picked up this 803A as my old generac portable would be horrible. (sorry for the grammar, I'm about 4 beers in)

jamawieb

Yes, 115% is fine for a few hours. I wouldn't want to run the unit 24 hours a day,7 days week.
I load test my units around 125% for a few hours to burn off all the excess wet stacking that has occurred over the years. Anything larger than the 803's or 1050 AMMPS is 3 phase only and if you try to convert them, you degrade your power output. So if you go to a 804a which is 15kw and run it as signal phase you'll get the same output as the 803a. It sounds like you have the exact generator you need for your application.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks