• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

a/c for M109 van box

CajunM35A2

I have the chance to get an M109. There apparently was a window air conditioning unit of some kind in the front window. Was this some form of unit-level retrofit? What kind of AC unit should I try to put into the window? What about the brackets? Thanks in advance!

63sierra10

I do believe it was unit level. Mine had one in it also. You can use any A/C unit you wish as long as you have the electricity to power it. Your local hardware store should have the A/C unit with cage and brackets, then just remove what is left of the old unit and install the new one. Your best tip is to measure the opening and buy a new one of the same dimensions.

CajunM35A2

A/C power?

How is the AC powered? (I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge on this.) Does the AC rely upon external power or does the truck have some kind of inverters to convert 12v or 24v into 110v?

tsstout

Outside source...

The army has a 2 prong plug in upper left corner rated to 50amps... Most bypass it because of the unique plug used.... I use RV cord/plug to get "shore power" to the shell's breaker box located in the back....

Terry

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks