• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A&K M60VN Modification help

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We picked up some A&K M60VN model airsoft guns and they look great. One problem though. They don't have a front pedestal mount. I've seen pictures on this site but wasn't sure how it was done.

Any help appreciated.

gunboy1656

Which pedestal are you wanting to hook it to? Some use a square opening in the bottom of the hand guard. Or you talking about the pin in front of the trigger?

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a pedestal that hooks into both. The rear pedestal mount is there. The hole is there on the front but nothing to attach to.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, but I think my model has that. Did yours have a front mount in the hand guard?

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
kubotamna,

I think you have the holes, but there's already a pin in it. At least that's the vibe I'm getting from looking on Evike at an A&K M60VN.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the rear mount is complete. The front lock that locks on to the front of the pedestal is missing. The square hole where the lock usually is there.

67Beast

The pin should be there. I have used the platform mount on my A&K M60 and found that the front arm where it hooks into the open slot on the bottom of the handguard to no line up. But it was an easy fix as all I did was weld an extra tab of metal to the front hook on the arm so that it reached the slot in the handguard. Also I had to clearance the mount a bit as the body on the A&K is just slightly wider than the real M60. Here are a bunch of pics of my A&K M60 and it mounted on my M715.

Attachments

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice set up. Mine doesn't have a front arm/lock at all. Will the front arm/lock from a real m60 fit?

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The front piece on a real M60 is welded to the gun's gas tube.

The attached pictures are of the M60D (aircraft version) because it doesn't have hand guards, so you can see what we are talking about. Basically the same setup.

In the second picture, the part marked A is attached to the front post of the mount, on the left side of the mount in 67beast's first photo. The gun then rotates down and the pin marked B clips into the two spring loaded claws. (Clear as mud?? :) )

The same method is used to attach the gun to the M142 mount.

A buddy of mine made me a front mount by welding two vertical ears to a small curved piece that attached to the gas tube (the lower tubular part under the barrel) with hose clamps. It has a small piece of rod welded between the ears to attach to the mount. Works like a charm.

If your gun doesn't have the pin at the front of the receiver, just the holes, you can get the right sized rod at Home Depot. I had to add it to one of my guns. I drilled it for pins so it doesn't slip out.

Cheers

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a rough drawing of the part my buddy made, front and side views. Hopefully clear enough.

When I mentioned drilling the rear (B) rod from home depot, I did so just inside the two mounting point ears, to keep it from coming out, and to limit side-to-side movement.

Cheers

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks