• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A Little Southern Green-Iron Meeting -- Sept. 30th

gasser

We will be having a get-together over at Clintos this Saturday, the 30th.
Afternoon cook-out, enjoying each other's company and of course, our trucks.

Clinto's vast-estate is East of Winder, GA (30666) - specifically in the area of Hwy 316 and Wall Road. If you are planning on joining us, please PM either Clinto or myself. To help cover costs of the cookout, if you can bring $15 cash - that would be appreciated.

That's it for me. Hope you guys to make it.
-graham
----------------------
Clinto Here:

OK folks, I have plenty of room for at least 10 trucks, maybe even a dozen. I have a nice, flat shady yard.

Now, although I would love to just go out and treat everyone to a cookout, I just bought my first house and my first deuce and my F-150 isn’t paid off, so I can’t afford to pay attention! So we are asking for a small donation of $15 per head to cover expenses. Any food that is left over can and will be divided up so that everyone gets his or her money’s worth. I have a small tent and a couple of lawn chairs, so you probably want to bring a lawn chair.

I have posted a couple of maps to show where I live. If you would like to come, please
Private message me or email me at clintcopeland@hotmail.com.

I will need a head count of how many people are coming so that can plan accordingly for the amount of food to buy. Please contact me as soon as possible so I can plan accordingly. You can invite friends, as long as I know they are coming. If you know some MV collectors that aren’t on SS, please invite them. Not restricted just to Ga. Folks either. We are trying to get Maccus to come down from South Dakota in his M211…….

Of course, driving your MV isn’t mandatory, but it is recommended. I don’t think we’re
gonna’ have much fun looking at just my deuce all day. But with the cost of fuel, I know
how it is. I have plenty of room to park a bunch of big green iron. I know Gasser will
have his CUCV there, my Deuce, Ron’s M819, hopefully BFR’s deuce, one of my
friend’s Dodge 58’ D500. I would love to see a big turnout of big green iron.

Here’s a list of what we’ll have. If you can think of something else, bring it along or let us know!

Ground beef
Hamburger buns
Hot dog buns
Hot dogs
Charcoal
Ketchup
Mustard
Mayonnaise
Lettuce
Potato chips
Chip dip
Potato salad
Cole slaw
Onions
Cheese
Sliced pickles
Tea
Coke
Paper plates
Plastic cups
Ice
Plastic ware (forks/spoons/knives)
Napkins

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
come on guys, lets get our trucks on the road, its time for a SS ga. rally,(not bad for short notice) lets get this first one under the belt and plan for the next one

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ok folks, so far I have 3 deuces, a 5 ton wrecker, a CUCV, a 64 ex-US Navy W200 Crewcab Dodge and a '58 D500 (non military, but neat nonetheless-

Also, I am trying to organize a trail ride!!!! I have a friend who knows a few people who own lots of land within a couple of miles of my house and he is trying to get permission. So hopefully this will work out.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CLint

I can probably make it but I don't think I will drive the Halftack there. LOL. The deuces I have are not registered for the road as of yet. Might crusie up with the F750.

Chuck

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
anybody comming though gainesville down to 53 on to winder, let me know your scedule and we will conyoy down together , that way the wrecker will bring up the rear and i cant get blamed for getting lost

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The trail ride is looking better, I'd say about 75% probability!! :beer: I talked to my friend last night about it.

SE TOYOTA, look forward to seeing you there.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clinto, plan on some yard repair after Ron leaves. That heavy SOB wrecker/crane will leave depressions in the yard whereever it goes. My puny lilttle wrecker/crane does it here. Than again, we really don't have dirt this far out in the ocean. You guys are much closer than haspin but I still can't make it for this one.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Clinto, plan on some yard repair after Ron leaves.
The area where I am going to have everyone park (to the right of the garage) is going to get tilled up this winter and new grass planted, because when I seeded it, the only thing that came up was weeds.....

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
OK folks, Friday night I am going to Sam's Club for all the goodies, so I need to know how many are coming. If you plan on coming, please let me know by say Thursday evening, 2100 EST, or at latest, Friday 1600 EST. And if you plan on bringing someone, I need to know so I can get enough food.

Any money that is unspent will be redistributed back, so if I only spend $8 a head, everyone will get back $7-make sense? I am not looking to make any money here.

so where might this trail ride take a place? I'd be very interested to come if this happens.
There is a plot of about 40 acres about 3 miles from my house that was going to be developed and apparently something fell through. So the trails are cut through the woods for the all the streets in a neighborhood. I went through it the other day. There isn't a lot of mud and the trails are relatively easy (only engaged the front axle once), but I think you could get stuck if you wanted. I will try and get a definite answer tonight.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So... If I bring a boot to replace my trashed one to the get together.....
Yes, you may borrow a screwdriver so that you may fix it while we all eat and supervise

rofl

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have my 6 ton jackstands here but you will need to bring some flat pieces of wood. I broke all of mine......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks