• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A little wood

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a shot of my M54A1 with around 20,000 pounds of vintage maple flooring on it. I reclaimed six loads like this from a local high school.

We plan on reusing most of it in our new home here and our cabin in New Mexico.

dg

Attachments

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not a bad $1,500 investment back in '93. The truck, that is. So far, nothing major has broken, just regular maint on it.

dg

derby

Maple flooring? must be a pretty nice school.all we had was the old asbestos tiles(cough cough) say what type of rims and tires are those,cement truck?or are they millitary supre singles

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The maple was from a gym done in '61. It is a full inch thick, each panel weighs about 1,200 pounds.

The rears are military, but not tactical. They are off of a giant 8X8 airport fire truck I helped scrap out. I have them for the front, but I need a bit more $$ for new ones.

dg

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Being so heavy, I assume your 543 will have to be engaged for unloading operations?

AMGeneral

A1+ looking truck!,just noticing,but I thought only the M125/M123 were the only trucks that had cooling grills made into the fold down engine compartment sides?

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A forklift to unload those panels, too unwieldy for the 543.

Our cabin is at Wild Horse Ranch, between Pie Town and Quemado up at 8100' by the Malpais National Monument.

The side cover was taken form a 10-ton. They are the same size, and it helps a bit in our nasty summers. I also put a set of tractor toolboxes behind the rears and mounted the taillights to them. I lost the original toolbox location when I set it up with dual 74 gallon tanks. It will go just at 1000 miles without refueling on that. Too bad we can't afford fuel for those trips anymore.

I have some more action shots, will post them if I can find 'em.

dg :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks