• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A new MV in the Yard.

820jeep

Well it took a long, long time, but she is here.
A 1967 M-35A2 w/w. The kids are very happy and so is Dad. Mom, well thats another story.
I have picked up 2 hard tops, so I will be installing one and selling one.
I pick up a set of fiberglass troop seats ,bows and cover for the back. When installed the toop cover is short, I don't know if the bows are too tall or the cover too short.
One of the batt.'s is bad so I will be looking for a replacement. Does any one have any recomendations on Batt.'s?
I jumped it off with the blazer with no problems. Runs and sounds great ( whisler ).
Now its off to the DMV to get paper work.
Thanks to all at SS for all of the helpful advise.

Attachments

KsM715

Good looking truck.

I think you have the tall bows. The cover that goes with those has about an extra foot of material sewn onto the bottom.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just went to NAPA and to 1150CCA commercial batteries.

Worked for me.

steve

820jeep

Hi, Thanks everyone.
Any idea where to find the taller troop cover?
On the Wal-mart Batt.'s , what number? I went by our WM while shopping with family and did not see anything close. 700 amps ?
I will check with NAPA also.
For all those who asked about the top, I already listed it on ebay, real cheap.
Thanks again for all the help.
By the way we are getting another round of snow here in Fort Worth.

Attachments

ARYankee

No special part #. I just looked at the batteries Walmart had and match the amperages as close as possible and made sure they were top posts. I think I paid around $120 when I got both batteries. You will have to put some cribbing in the battery box because of the size difference.

MO MV man

Great job.
It's real cool to see the kids enjoying it.
I know my daughter is "on board" with a Deuce purchase but I'm in the same boat, wife-wise.
I get a heepin' helpin' of stink eye when my wife hears about it. aua

820jeep

Well here is a progress report or "SIT REP".
I had picked up a new in the package troop cover that I thought was green ( so did the man I got it from). Well when I opened it up, it was folded inside out and was Camo.
I picked up a new set of bows this weekend. The are the correct size ( did not have to cut the tall ones).
Now I have a complete set fiberglass troop seats and fiberglass and metal bows.
Installed the Hardtop.
It is starting to take shape.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks