• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

+/- A3 vs A2 Comments!

militarysteel

What the A3 has, the A2 does not.

New Front End
Allison Automatic
Super Singles
Muffler
ABS
CTIS
Intercooler
Air Steering
New Seats
Electric Wipers

Features A2 has, A3 does not.

Multifuel Engine
Overdrive transmission
Less expensive price tag
More Quantity in stock

Anything were forgetting,
anyone own both? it's best to have un biased quality comments.

Attachments

bassetdeuce

Regarding winch trucks, aren't the A2 PTOs mechanical, whereas the A3 PTOs are hydraulic? Im sure someone knows if there are weight differences also.

wsucougarx

To further this list.
What the A3 has that the A2 can have:
Muffler
Air-O-Matic Steering
New Seats
Electric Wipers
Manual Windshield Washer
395's Super Singles
Relocation of the Blackout light
Across the chest seat belt

What the A3 has, the A2 does not.

New Front End
Allison Automatic
Super Singles
Muffler
ABS
CTIS
Intercooler
Air Steering
New Seats
Electric Wipers

Features A2 has, A3 does not.

Multifuel Engine
Overdrive transmission
Less expensive price tag
More Quantity in stock

Anything were forgetting,
anyone own both? it's best to have un biased quality comments.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
I agree , theres alot of this covered all over SS that you can read up on the A3's and A2's.

Thank you for putting up the picture Mike.
I couldnt find the last thread of the other one to show my wife. And if any of you wanna drive an A3 before you buy one come over ill let you have some seat time. - Jay

militarysteel

So far , i wouldn't say the comments are quality, NO dead horse, please keep posting comments, RELATED to the Topic, emotion asside for a more informative THREAD.

joeM62

I agree with gunboy A2 parts are pretty easy to find but i wouldn't mind having some of the A3 stuff on the A2 like the hydro winch and the dual braking system because it's not fun going down the road and the brakes go out.

eddiec

i do like some of the features that the a3 already has. but, the a2 has outlasted the a3 by a long shot. they must have had a reason for keeping them the same for all those years. and one must wonder, was the change due to the fact that there are a lot more of the younger generation that cannot drive a stick, and most are used to power steering.
BUT, the A2 does look a lot better than the A3. I have never had anyone look at my 69 and not have a good idea what it is. But I'm not sure many would have any idea what the A3 ever was

mudguppy

i don't understand the 'maintenance' comments in favor of the A2 over A3. can someone elaborate how the A2 maintenance is easier, cheaper, less frequent, less intensive, etc. ?

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
mudguppy, Like a few people said before, most of the people that dont own them say that... we know why though. How is a A2 ever going ot be worth more than a A3 unless you dog it or push it off a cliff? My A3 hasnt cost me much if anything to maintain, drive ,or whatever. Back to the beating of a dead horse , why ask other guys to tell you what the differances are, I enjoy looking things up and compairing them and stuff. Part of the fun of knowing your truck first hand and being able to share it with others. Il bet thats why they put the dead horse up. - Jay

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks