• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aberdeen

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
This thread is for the MD/PA/VA SS members who are coming to Aberdeen and are visiting or staying with us. I think we should do a dinner or cookout for Steel Soldiers coming to the rally. I will throw in the first $50 bucks towards food and maybe adult beverage (a keg). My sons will most likely pitch in and suspect others will as well. We have members making long drives to be here and think it is the hospitable thing to do. We should and must host a formal SS nite. We can get filets or NY strips at Costco and have a real meal. We need a head count for all who will attend. Maybe ask everyone to chip in a small fee for a steak, baked potatoes, 2-3 veggies and a keg of GOOD beer and other goodies. Help me out on this with ideas and input. We do get together every month at Bob Evans, but we have yet to party as a club... We can maybe get Ian and Magdawg to sing and play the banjo... I will organize it and do the running/cooking if one or 2 help me out on this. Also, Frank has his mobile chow hall, but for steaks we will grill...Doghead, Gimp, Carnac, and Jtonka, CGARBEE we expect you to attend. Oh yea, Cuban cigars are welcome and may be avaliable thru the local ATF guy...

Nonotagain

Dudley, I can bring a propane grill and some coolers.
Are/were you planning on Thursday or Friday evening?

I've got a few large steamer pans that can be used to
Grill/bake the potato's in so that they don't burn.

Tlauden

Is this going to be a strictly 21+ party? I could tip in $$ to pay for food but being only 20 you can count me out of the drinking part:( but I'll sit around and BS with everyone[thumbzup] I would love to come down but would probably roll out sometime around noon Saturday.

And not too sound dumb but I got some rookie questions....
- Where does everyone sleep? Is there camping allowed somewhere on site or does everyone just stay at the local hotels?

- If I feel my deuce will be ready for that kind of trip so soon will there be a convoy down from people coming from the same areas??

I would love to come to this event and meet some of you from this great site:jumpin:

rideni

I'll be starting the setup on monday or sunday before the rally. I will chip in and if anyone needs to stage vehicles or materials, give me a holler and I'll help ya'll out I am only about two miles from the rally

rideni

Is this going to be a strictly 21+ party? I could tip in $$ to pay for food but being only 20 you can count me out of the drinking part:( but I'll sit around and BS with everyone[thumbzup] I would love to come down but would probably roll out sometime around noon Saturday.

And not too sound dumb but I got some rookie questions....
- Where does everyone sleep? Is there camping allowed somewhere on site or does everyone just stay at the local hotels?

- If I feel my deuce will be ready for that kind of trip so soon will there be a convoy down from people coming from the same areas??

I would love to come to this event and meet some of you from this great site:jumpin:
There is no camping per say, though if you have a spot you can truck camp. Else there are plenty of hotels in the area.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Thank you very much for the invite but I just got a job and will not be able to attend this year. Have you sent an invite to "down hill bill" yet?

rofl

hedelta

I'm in. Taking a small loan out for beer, I guess I will get a case of steaks too. Anyone want to pitch in for crabs one night? Who is going to start the thread for what they will be bringing this year to the rally? Or should we just hijacking this one?

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
We will be located in Yellow L/M spots 7-17. I reserved a block of 20 spots, so Randy you are 1 row away. Close enough to smell your cigar... I have a few spots left for those wanting to truck camp. (pm me) Everyone is welcome and you do not have to be 21. I suspect we will have families and kids there as well. I will get name tags for us if I remember it. Greg steamers is a great idea. Gimp we will miss you. Lets keep in touch everyone by adding to this thread. Also I am going to start a thread if no one else does. I just picked up an entire M109 filled to the top of the box with new parts. From 11x20 radials, tow bars to LED lights. You name it and i may have it.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am in...especially since I'll be with both of your sons at the show! One thing to consider...Cabell Garbee usually has a cookout one or two nights. You may want to coordinate this with him. I just spoke with him the other night and he said he was considering BBQ ribs! Cabell is a h*** of a cook! I believe his dinner is included if you ride in the convoy. I believe there is a minimal charge of like $10 and that also gets you a convoy shirt. Dudley, PM CGARBEE.

ssdvc

My 09 (yes, the Grey Ghost) will be ready for this and I am looking forward to attending ! To bad this ain't a gun show too. I want a pair of old school 1911A1's !!! Oh well, someone said beer and cigars, so that will do !!

Since this will be my first event, any details on the show, direction about what to do when one arrives, etc, etc would be very helpful. The web site for the show doesn't say much, so perhaps some of the veterans on here will have more insight. Stuff like parking, times, how long everyone stays, blah, blah, blah!!!

So, count me in. I'll see if either my brother or my oldest son wants to attend.

I look forward to meeting everyone and also picking up some cool parts.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in. If there's a keg involved, just save me a bar stool and call me Norm.

And for the record, I can neither sing, nor play the banjo.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks