• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adapter between Transmission and Transfer Case

Randyw

Noticed transmission fluid on the ground under my M1008. When I looked under the truck I noticed the adapter between the transmission and transfer case was cracked. Anyone have this problem before? Where can I can a replacement adaptor quick?

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Noticed transmission fluid on the ground under my M1008. When I looked under the truck I noticed the adapter between the transmission and transfer case was cracked. Anyone have this problem before? Where can I can a replacement adaptor quick?
If your truck has the OEM TH400 transmission and NP208 transfer case, the adapter is GM part #14020861. Shown as item #3 in Figure 81 in the -34P TM. Also don't forget the gaskets 14020854 and 8623216. The adapter is probably readily available from John at Hillbilly Wizard http://www.hillbillywizard.com/sale-items/th400-to-np208-adapter-tall-style/ . The gasket set is usually available on Ebay.

Hope this helps.

Randyw

If your truck has the OEM TH400 transmission and NP208 transfer case, the adapter is GM part #14020861. Shown as item #3 in Figure 81 in the -34P TM. Also don't forget the gaskets 14020854 and 8623216. The adapter is probably readily available from John at Hillbilly Wizard http://www.hillbillywizard.com/sale-items/th400-to-np208-adapter-tall-style/ . The gasket set is usually available on Ebay.

Hope this helps.

This helps a lot. Yes my truck has the factory transmission and transfer case. Is there any certain size to ask for or will they know which one I need?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks