• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Add-on circuit breaker protection.

Jones

Just taking a poll here. I'm to the re-wiring stage of the baby HEMTT project and am thinking that circuit breaker protection is a good idea, but more of them than just the one like's on the deuce firewall. I've run from the hot terminal on the starter to a split circuit breaker box and from there to the "ignition/start" switch. The lights, convoy beacon, etc. will also feed off of this side so they can be run without the switch being on. The switch's acc. tab goes back to the acc. side of the circuit breaker box so that I can feed radio, PLGR, and other , well... accessories. I currently have a bunch of the manual reset type but can trade them out for automatics if need be.
Heavy loads are handled by a gang of relays so that I don't fry any of my new wiring.
Any thoughts, suggestions, advice???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks