• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adjusting voltage question

Whiterabbit

Ok,
These are the plugs covering the adjusting screws? Everything I read says the adj screw is on the end of the alt. The problem is I have 2 plugs!!
Which one is it? The one near the connections cover or the one on the end of the alt?
100_3020.jpg100_3021.jpg100_3022.jpg100_3023.jpg
Thanks!

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
There is a hex cap on one side of the connection block. What's the voltage before adjustment? It's a small adjustment if you are at 30 volts then you probably need a new regulator. It's the end cap piece. They go bad all the time.
Will

Whiterabbit

I'm reading just a hair low. 25v at idle (needle just to the left of the line on the gauge) so I need to bump it up a bit.
The end cap regulator assm also has a plug marked "CW reduces output".

Whiterabbit

Thanks guys!
That plug in the back end just had me wondering 'cause it was marked CW reduces output. I didn't know if they moved the adj screw to the back end or if it was still up top near the connector cover.
Figures it the top one, that plug is seized TIGHT! :twisted:
Thanks again,
Whiterabbit

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks