• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Advice needed with M886

Bob C

Hi everyone again,
Like I mentioned earlier this is my first CUCV, mine is a '77 with 15'k miles and is in impeccable condition. It was gutted and used to move furniture so the original military paperwork says if it actually is from this particular truck.

Anyway what are a few of the common electrical problems, issues & parts I should have on hand.

I only drove it 30 + miles home so far and I find it very comfortable and quite the pleasure to drive, oh yeah a lot of thumbs up!

Thanks again Guys

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clear in line fuel filter before the fuel pump, carry a spare one.
as well as spare;
Ignition module,
fuses
headlight switch
ballast resister ( Although I never had one go bad on these trucks)

95% of electrical problems are ground related.

Bob C

Clear in line fuel filter before the fuel pump, carry a spare one.
as well as spare;
Ignition module,
fuses
headlight switch
ballast resister ( Although I never had one go bad on these trucks)

95% of electrical problems are ground related.
Bob do you sell parts? Is so I'll buy them from you for helping me out. If not, any recommendations

thanks

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Repack your front wheel bearings they most likely still have 35+ yr old grease in them and left front is the worst for shelling. You can get the above parts just about any auto parts store I got the module at Car quest a couple weeks ago, in stock. Gas filter is generic. Also think about your hoses and flushing the cooling system and belts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks