• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

After Many Hours Of Pressure Washing & 25 Rattle Cans Later...

JeffsIFAW50

Hello!
It all started with repairing a small dent... I'll just shoot a little Rust Oleum 1917 khaki over it to protect the metal. Well, maybe I'll do a little around it. Now the door looks stupid...
You've all been there before and I thought you'd appreciate the photos!

I have to sand the top down some more and put a couple more coats of paint up there due to the wind averaging 7 mph that day! And it was gusting to 21 mph so I guess the fact that any paint hit it was pretty good! I had to hold the can about 2" from the surface to get any paint on it at all! I was using a can holder/trigger attachment and put about 4-5 thin coats over it and yes it was a baked on finish! I was snow blind for hours after starting the paint job as that white paint was a killer to try to paint over in the sun.

Here's a video of some IFA W50's that must be seen to be believed and even then you wont believe it! The part of the video I'm talking about starts at 6:35 on the clock so watch closely! You know what the kids are saying in any language! One of them says: "IFA"!!! (Pronounced: E-FA) and buddy that says it all...

[media]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3719182923067180292[/media]

Higher resolution photos of my IFA can be seen at the following link:

1985 IFA W50-4325 ACTUAL KILOMETERS-NEVER TITLED!

I'll shut up now and let you go.

Take Care,

Jeff :)
WD4IHS

www.ifaw50.com

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks