• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aftermarket Cab Heater

dk8019

I think these still require coolant to provide the heat output. The 33k BTU unit for instance only draws 4.25A, this must be for fan energy only, as 4.25A at 24V will only give you around 300 BTU of resistive heat. They also mention they are tube and fin designs, which sounds like a water/air heat exchanger.

TommyG45

Dk, Yes, these are the heat exchanger with fan units. I would be ok with an electric heater also but haven't seen anything I thought would work well.

I would love to have a stock heater, but the cost is pretty high, and they are far and few inbetween.

Tommy

derby

Those look like the one that was in My parts deuce.it has 2 fans ,one for floor heat and one for the defrost.It was mounted on the pass side floor under the dash.it was not a bad set up,and did not seem to lose much room.

jatonka

After market cab heater

TommyG, these heaters are real good, mounted in the cab, they can create much more useable heat than the military fender mounted models in cold weather. I use the 5000 model 24 volt, pay $147 0r so, install, build some reducers to mount the defroster ducts up to the winshield and drive toasty all day plowing snow with the old M35A1 wing plow. If you feel the need, order the next bigger one. And, they happen to be made in your home town, so you might be helping some of your friends with your purchase. You are right, the military heaters have gotten too expensive, but it is supply and demand, and right now there isn't any supply. JT out

spentshell

Keep your eye out for them, they are still out there. I bought mine(take out) for 40 bucks at the Gilbert show it was missing the ductng and mounting plate. That cost me another 150, I wouldnt mind an auxilary electric unit under my seat, they heat up a lot faster.

Attachments

TommyG45

John, thanks for the validation. I think I am going to go down the aftermarket path for this truck. I am not too woried about keepiing this one 100% original as I already did the NAPA muffler mod on it. I am more concerned at this point with useability and functionality. Spentshell, I like the look of the stock setup, and thanks for the tip. I have actually called around for some pull offs but the prices are still more than the after market. I don't have the ability to go to shows, I am sure there are plenty of good stuff at them I could benefit from. Perhaps one day though, but thank you just the same, I like what you did on yours.

John, how is the supply of oil filter adapters holding up? That mod is next on my list after the heater.

Tommy

dk8019

Tommy,

I see how this works now! A little dense to start ;-) It would seem one of these would be far better than the fender mounted unit on the deuce, simply due to the fact that it will be reheating previously heated air, basically a recirculation, instead of heating freezing cold air from outside. I may need to find one of these now!

deucecoupe2

Thanks for the lead Tommy. Just ordered their model 9000-24v, 30,000btu, with install kit.
Total (free shipping) $326. I have the OEM cab heater, works great down to zero F, adding this unit to keep real toasty.:-D

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hey spentshell, where did you buy that new ducting?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks