• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aftermarket head survey

Which would interest you? Please read post below for descriptions

• Cast iron, higher compression

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Supersonic/high altitude mock

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Aluminum mock, higher compression

• Hickey/Chuchua-copy, higher compression

• Cost no more than $200

• Cost no more than $400

• Cost no more than $600

• Cost no more than $800

• Cost no more than $1000

• I would not buy any of these heads, thanks

• Total voters

Seff

I'm gathering opinions for creating aftermarket heads for the L134. The data is for a project in automotive technology where I have tested a jeep with raised compression, and now I'm doing a rough market analysis. The project is non-profit, it's just a school project. :p

Please choose all the types of heads you're would be interested in, and select all the prices you'd think would be fair for your favorite option (this is a rough estimate, of course).

Head types:
Cast iron, higher compression: The idea is a reshaped combustion chamber to retain flow while upping to 7.84:1. The idea is to copy the outside shell of a wartime head to mimic appearances.

Supersonic/high altitude mock: A direct copy of the Supersonic head.

Aluminum mock, higher compression: The idea is to create an alloy head with the outer appearance of a factory wartime head, and a reshaped combustion chamber to make 8:1 (or more) compression without impeding flow.

Hickey-copy, higher compression: The idea is to create an alloy head with the outer appearance of a Hickey head, and a reshaped combustion chamber to make 8:1 (or more) compression without impeding flow.

Thank you for your participation - I hope this is okay and the right forum. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks