• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aftermarket led light bar headlight replacement

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw a really nice looking 5 ton that caught my eye online while watching YouTube off-road videos. What really caught my eye was the Headlight. I can’t find the link to the video again but after some searching I found one of our members(fattboy123456) had done this same mod to their MV. They don't seem to be active anymore so I was wondering if anyone else has done this to their truck and was it easy? was it a good idea? did it provide good light? I really think it looks neat and would be interested in doing something similar to it on my deuce.any input is welcome. I just don't think the expensive $300 to $800 price tag to the nice military led headlight is worth it to me.. lights wear out so I figure these would be cheaper. fattyboy123456.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a good question.. Never really gave it much thought. I would highly doubt it since I was going to look at something on Amazon.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No they are not. Those are off road lights way bright.
Get h4s if you don't want leds.
I would rather have the leds and those because off road at night I want to see where I will taking a 40k truck

m715mike

This morning, a jeep got behind me on the freeway. It caught my attention because his headlights were rectangular LEDs. I'm assuming his were legal. They were not too bright in my rear view mirror. That was the first time I've ever seen rectangular LED headlights on a vehicle.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Something important to point out is that there is no such thing as "DOT approved."

I think the thing to do would be to read the law in the states you intend to operate the vehicle in to see what it says.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This morning, a jeep got behind me on the freeway. It caught my attention because his headlights were rectangular LEDs. I'm assuming his were legal. They were not too bright in my rear view mirror. That was the first time I've ever seen rectangular LED headlights on a vehicle.
I've seen these pop up with the old Dodge Trucks (M880 for me) sections on Facebook. There are some companies that sell direct fit replacement rectangle LED headlights for that era of trucks.

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is definitely something appealing to me about them for sure.. I have seen a few semi trucks driving on some of these rectangular leds. But just because I see others with them doesn't mean it's legal. I know I don't need anything else to attract attention when driving the deuce lol
I saw a really nice looking 5 ton that caught my eye online while watching YouTube off-road videos. What really caught my eye was the Headlight. I can’t find the link to the video again but after some searching I found one of our members(fattboy123456) had done this same mod to their MV. They don't seem to be active anymore so I was wondering if anyone else has done this to their truck and was it easy? was it a good idea? did it provide good light? I really think it looks neat and would be interested in doing something similar to it on my deuce.any input is welcome. I just don't think the expensive $300 to $800 price tag to the nice military led headlight is worth it to me.. lights wear out so I figure these would be cheaper. View attachment 665801

pjwest03

Something important to point out is that there is no such thing as "DOT approved."

I think the thing to do would be to read the law in the states you intend to operate the vehicle in to see what it says.
It is true that nothing is "DOT approved." Headlights used in the US must conform to the applicable sections in Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 108 (FMVSS-108.) The manufacturer certifies that the product is designed to conform to FMVSS-108. There are three products that must be marked with the "DOT" symbol: headlights, replaceable bulbs for headlights and reflective tape. At least here in NY it's an inspection failure if the headlights aren't marked with the DOT symbol. That being said, I've not witnessed many inspectors checking that particular detail.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks