• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Force Tarmac Trailers

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
I picked up a trailer today that I strongly suspect is a USAF trailer for moving either equipment or munitions around a paved area. I'm guessing it originally had an axle in the front like a hay wagon but that was cut off and a regular tongue welded on, probably by a fire department. I'm sure they added the lights and maybe the PE-95k generator as well. It doesn't have any suspension and it has a spot to bolt a pintle on the back.

Just wondering if anyone has seen one of the same trailers and has any pics of what the front looks like or knows what it was used for. I've seen similar bomb trailers that have the tandem rear axles and a single front axle but they're definitely a newer model and a fair bit larger in size.

I've got another single axle trailer built kind of the same way, with the same tie downs and tires. Not sure what that one was used for either but I believe the sides were added after it was surplused.

IMG_2322.jpgIMG_2323.jpgIMG_2324.jpgIMG_2325.jpgIMG_2326.jpg

Piper Cub

I had one of those with the front axle still in place. Kind of reminded me of a 5th wheel dolly the way it worked. I might have a closer picture of how the pivot point worked. I think it was made in the 50s or 60s. Mine came originally from the USMC and was given to a college that had a fleet of them for the maintenance department. They're incredibly strong trailers, we put the end of an 80' office trailer on it and towed it across a jobsite no problem. Ended up selling it to a fire department training center that said the military doesn't have any left.

20170814_142919.jpg20170814_142845.jpg

Jericho

warehouse and ammo trailers, pintle at rear allows them to be ganged togerther and pulled by a warehouse tug or jeep tactical aircraft light tug . look under MU or munitions trailers, possibley an F 22 on the second posting Not used for nukes or heavy munitions, commonly used for 30 mm gau8 * avenger A 10a loading and with sides for empty cartridge hauling F 22 was a general purpose trailer and could have been used for hundreds of things,SU 23 50 cal ammo trans ect

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks