• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air leak from Fan Clutch Actuator???

aziator

Every time I shut my M923A2 off I can hear air venting from under the hood. Did some digging around and discovered there is a tiny vent hole on the Fan Clutch Actuator. This has been causing my air pressures to drop anytime I park. I also noticed that the fan immediately starts spinning when pressure builds up, even today with 50 degree temps.

I removed the end cap (silver piece in this pic) but didn't see anything serviceable. Before I go throw money at a new actuator has anyone ever had this problem and is there anything else I should be looking at? Thanks!

EDIT: I found a couple good threads to help. I took it all apart off the truck, cleaned it up and lubed the orings, still doesn't work. I need to get some new Orings now and see if that fixes it.

Good threads are

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?83932-Actuator-Air-Fan-Clutch-for-M923a1/

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?133552-Major-air-leak-at-Fan-shutter-stat&highlight

IMG_1480.jpg

Last edited:

MAdams

Check to make sure the in and out hoses are going to the correct port on the shutterstat body. Cast or machined into the body it will say IN and OUT. The hose going from the shutterstat the fan is the OUT.

603hellmutt

I've tried to repair a few of them but they are listed as "Non Serviceable" and at around $65 from a popular online auction site they are worth just replacing. My 2 cents, best of luck.

lindsey97

Sometimes depending on how it fails or sticks, the shutterstat will pressurize your cooling system, causing the truck to puke coolant out of the radiator cap.

Just replace it. You do not have to drain all of the coolant, just about half, which is 5 gallons.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks