• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air pump cfm?

Deplorable1

I'm thinking about adding more air tanks to my deuce to increase flow to run a dual diaphragm pump more efficiently. Does anyone know the pump cfm rate (various models?) on an m35a2? I'm not efficient with the TM's (been thumbing for an hour) nor does the search function prove helpful unless I'm working on an injector pump. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
7 cfm, give or take. I think the exact spec is 7.25 at 1250 rpm.

There is apparently not much difference between the Midland/Bendix units (single/twin cylinder). I can confirm that the single cylinder I run right now is as weak as the twin I had before for running air tools. But, that is not what they were specc'd for....

Deplorable1

Thanks Cat. I used my deuce today with the factory air setup (2 tanks) and ran a 1" Dayton dual diaphragm 49gpm @ 100 psi pump to transfer 100 gallon of waste oil. I ran it at about 20-40 psi and shut it off when the air warning buzzer kicked on in the truck, it actually worked pretty well, it would pump about 20 gallon at a time during that process. I'm thinking when I add 2 more Tanks it should work a touch better (longer duty cycle) but it's only going to be as good as the air pump will let it. I'm thinking about putting an inline air dryer on my truck cause that thing makes alot of condensation. Thanks again for the info.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks