• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air shift service before swap, m35a2

GeneralAnesthesia

I am getting ready to swap my sprag transfer case for a take out air shift unit, m35a2.
What should I inspect or service on the new unit before installing it?

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
If it’s a used case, I’m going to be performing the swap myself here in the future; my list includes new seals throughout, fresh paint and fluid.

If money is no issue, pull and replace the synchro while you’re at it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dipstick

I would undo the four bolts on the air shift cylinder and have a look at the piston bore to check for corrosion. It's not too hard to work on when the T-case is in the truck, but it's even easier with the case out. I only mention it because I had to replace mine about a year ago. The symptom was compressed air rushing out of the transfer case vent when I engaged the front axle. I found that my cylinder bore was corroded which had scuffed the O-ringNew Transfer Case Air Cylinder Installed  2.jpgNew Transfer Case Air Cylinder Parts.jpg and brass piston. I re-oriented the cylinder head air connection to the bottom because it made it easier to get a wrench on the four small bolts. Good luck with the swap!

GeneralAnesthesia

I would undo the four bolts on the air shift cylinder and have a look at the piston bore to check for corrosion. It's not too hard to work on when the T-case is in the truck, but it's even easier with the case out. I only mention it because I had to replace mine about a year ago. The symptom was compressed air rushing out of the transfer case vent when I engaged the front axle. I found that my cylinder bore was corroded which had scuffed the O-ringView attachment 812923View attachment 812924 and brass piston. I re-oriented the cylinder head air connection to the bottom because it made it easier to get a wrench on the four small bolts. Good luck with the swap!
Thanks for the info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks