• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Albany GA to GA Rally

sandcobra164

Putting this out there for anyone else who may be in the local area. I'm going to the GA Rally and plan on departing around 0800 on the 20th. So far it looks like a convoy of 3 M35A2's and 1 M923A1. If anyone else is local and would like to ride along, let me know. We do have a towbar onboard the 5 ton in case a truck decides it doesn't want to make it. Getting ready for year 7!!! My goodness, where has the time gone?

Welder1

I am working hard to get my truck ready. I had to pull my injection pump to put in new seals. I was getting some fuel in the oil. I am looking forward to the trip. I hope we have our full crowd and some extras to go.

Eddie

sandcobra164

Sir, glad to have you along for the trip. Took the 923 for a run today and it did fine. About 40 miles of driving and $75 paid at the pump. Went from 1/4 to 3/4 of a tank with that fill up but wished the pump didn't cut me off there, I would have filled it up to the top. I did manage to pass a few cars on the bypass running an indicated 60 but actual 72 mph thanks to the overdrive transfer case and 14R20's. GoDawgsDv8 has indicated he is along for the trip so we may have to slow down a bit. His Deuce is still on 9's so we may be more accompdating if we roll at around 50 mph. That puts my truck around 1600 rpm but the torque peak for the engine is at 1,500 rpm so we'll be fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks