• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

All m939a2 filters that you will need

5tonman1971

Here is a quick, clear post on all the filters with pictures all in one post, I figured I would make one for you guys and hopefully it helps.

ATTENTION ALL NEW M939a2 OWNERS: these are all the filters you SHOULD replace as soon as you get your truck! Especially the air dryer rebuild kit, even if it's functioning it will save you a lot of headaches down the road.

ALL NAPA PART NUMBERS

Canister fuel filter (if applicable): 3401
Block fuel filter : 3472
Engine oil filter : 1649
External transmission filter : 1268
Internal transmission filter : 1892
Hydraulic winch filter (if applicable): 1467
Air dryer rebuild kit upper: DQ6026 (not pictured)
Air dryer rebuild kit lower: DQ6020 (not pictured)
Spin on fuel filter head, upgrade for canister fuel filter: 330236700S
Spin on fuel filter: FS1006

Attachments

Last edited:

5tonman1971

Yes it was at the end of May the filters just came in this week. But for a full filter change it's 230$ normally but I ended up getting them for 60$ a truck with the sale.

JJP

There is still a sale. At least at the NAPA in Girard, PA. They have a sale twice a year, spring and fall. 50% off all NAPA / WIX filters.

plode

I bought an oil filter for my car today at Napa....I didn't get any percent off at all. No advertisement of any sale here either. Maybe it's not every Napa?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Having worked at Napa, I assure you it is not at cost. There is all kind of manufacture rebates and volume discounts. As you have just learned, Filters have a healthy mark up :-(

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This sounds like the sale that CARQUEST has twice a year by me. All filters during the sale are half price or better. I stock up big-time on their filters (Wix makes their filters). I bought so many that, honestly, I am not sure I'll ever use them all. :) The sale by me just ended; the next one comes in October.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Having worked at Napa, I assure you it is not at cost. There is all kind of manufacture rebates and volume discounts. As you have just learned, Filters have a healthy mark up :-(
The guy who owns the CARQUEST near me told me that CARQUEST gives them incentives to move filters. They still make money even at the discount prices and CARQUEST kicks them back a little something extra to move the filters. Trust me, they aren't losing money on the sale. Someone just isn't making quite as much money (CARQUEST), but they are moving more filters.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anybody know if it's possible to buy the big fuel filter gaskets by themselves anywhere?
Wix does sell some gaskets separately but they can also be packaged in lots of 10. Call the tech hot line for wix filters and they can give you part number. Napa Warehouse might stock or can order.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks