• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Allison MT654CR oil leak

Valor

I have an Allison MT-654CR trans that is leaking out of a small black tube at the rear of the trans tailshaft. Does anyone know what this tube goes to and why it might be leaking fluid? The truck is a 1990 BMY M923A2. Thanks for your help.20170310_115649.jpg

Valor

Well the Service manual calls it a drain tube. I knew that. Was wondering if anyone has had their trans apart with this same problem. I'm thinking it would be the output shaft seal leaking around the outside diameter. Any ideas?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks