• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Almost Done!

wilfreeman

Hey guys,

I thought I would share a couple of pics from today - another milestone in my resto. Dave (Pizzoferrato) from Weebee Webbing came down and picked up his M416 today and brought my new winter enclosure (minus doors). As soon as he left, I pulled the Jeep out of the shop and started throwing this thing on - one of the last finishing touches! I didn't put the side curtains on - no plans to yet. One day when I'm bored I'll put them on (I have to put the footman loops on too). I still have a few minor things left to do + I still have to line the body up so that the hood fits right an shoot the final coat of 24087. Then I can put the unit markings on her. I got a little mud on the tires (as the song goes) yesterday when I took my parents for a ride.

Anyway, here's a couple of pics from today.

Attachments

wilfreeman

Thanks dude! It's been a long time, but I'm starting to feel the pride! I took a short ride down the road a little while ago and passed 8 cars - people were beeping their horns waving and smiling - good feeling!

I couldn't stand it - I had to try on the side curtains and notch the license plate bracket so that the gas can strap could go through. I decided to go ahead and give her her identity back today too - I figured she was far enough along, even though I was going to make that the very last thing I did.

Here's a few more pics

Attachments

wilfreeman

Thanks! Compliments and encouragement from friends and family really help keep you chugging along on a long rebuild. Yours won't take that long - you are starting with a really good, complete Jeep - you'll have her (almost) done in no time! I say "almost" because they are never really done, are they?

jeeplvr247

Well my wedding is less than a year away now and my school could be as much as $60k per year so it may be a long while before my cash flow equals my willingness to work on the jeep.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Matt, your Jeep is just gorgeous! Job well done.

wilfreeman

Uh-Oh - you'd better get her done ASAP! Life happened to me in 1998 - that's why I am just getting mine finished up. Just kidding - take it slow and steady and put priorities first! Just keep us in the loop on your progress, large or small steps.

wilfreeman

There you go - enjoy it for a while, get a feel for what needs to be done when you tear into her before you take that step. Collect parts as you get the money and run across deals. For Gods sake, don't spend too much time with her - the JEEP will get jealous and might start breaking down on YOU! On the other hand, if you spend too much time with her, the WIFE might get jealous and start breaking the Jeep. Use your best judgement - you'll figure out a compromise - maybe they will play nice together!

On a serious note, congrats on college and your engagement!:beer:

jeeplvr247

Thank you, luckily my fiance likes the new jeep and is excited for the radiator to be fixed so she can try her hand at driving it. I will defiantly be keeping my eyes open from now on trying to acquire cheap parts and piece my little jeep back together until it is original again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks