• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

another 003 done....finally

Jimc

so i have been working on my last 003. i finally got it done and running. thought i would share some pics. this one i did for a customer of mine. he saw my first one then said he had to have it. over the past few months both jerry and gimpy have supplied a bunch of parts to me for this thing and the injectors tuned and rebuilt by jerry as well. thanks guys.

IMG_2175.jpgIMG_2176.jpgIMG_2177.jpgIMG_2178.jpgIMG_2182.jpgIMG_2183.jpg

1800 Diesel

As usual, your workmanship is first class & then some! Very nice looking unit & better than new! The new owners should be proud to have such a fine piece of equipment. As they say, love it when a plan comes together! :)

Kevin

Jimc

thanks, i really doubt the guy will use it. maybe once in a great while. he is just into really cool old stuff. i have restored quite a few things for him over the years. old caddys, antique oil pumps, etc.

dangier

Jim,
Excellent work! I get more jealous every time I see your creations. Don't think it would work for me though-I would have to wax it each time it was run... :)
David

Jimc

Jerry you know the problem was that this generator was going too smooth and easy. Last thing to do was flow time the pump and that where the $hit hit the fan lol. In any case I got it all sorted now. I ran the thing today for a couple hours at about 100-110%. It runs fantastic.

Hours...oh boy. If the ip didn't screw with me in the end I could have had it all done in about 50-55hrs or so. This is the third one so I kinda have it down pretty good and all parts and hardware on hand. I don't use any original nut bot or washers. Easier when everything is brand new.

tjim..you know it. new knobs, ip linkage end and fan shroud fasteners.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks