• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another 6.2 issue bad freeze plug

ranchhopper

I have another issue with the 1009 its leaking a lot of coolant from the back of the engine inside the trans bell housing. I assume the only thing it could possibly be is a rusted freeze plug. I was wondering if anyone had replaced the rear freeze plug while the engine was still in the truck. I realize the trans has to come out but is there enough clearance to pull the old one and install the new one being so high in the block.

ranchhopper

I was going to probably do that I just have little time for that now I just bought a 1008 last week I have to hire a transport to go get it I'm sure its going to have issues too. If it has a good running engine I may swap it into the blazer and freshen up the blazer engine and drop it into the 1008 in the spring. The 1008 was said to have a bad trans maybe I could get lucky for once and it would be a vacuum issue and that's it.

LT67

I have the same issue at the moment, freeze plug next to the drivers side motor mount is leaking.

cucvrus

You could pull the old one out and replace it with a block heater. Or pull the steel ones out and replace them with brass or expandable rubber plugs to make it easy. Good Luck. I had a tool for installing them. I lent it out and the man died. I never went back looking for it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks