• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

another cucv electrical question

CUCVLOVER

Hi everyone thank you for your help in advance.

I have a 1986 m1008 that has a couple quirks.:evil:

The volt gauge that was in the truck did not read so I put a take out unit in and still no reading so I wired it to the 24 volt lug in the fuse panel that's on all the time. so I had to use a 12 volt activated relay to make it work. ( at the time I didn't know it had a relay under the dash). So now it reads but when its running and at full power the needle is on the line between the yellow and green its been that way ever since I go it working.

1. So here is the question. Is this normal?

2. What would cause an alternator to not charge properly?

my rear battery was so drained this after noon the engine wouldn't turn over but it has been working fine.
both GEN lights come on and go off as they should and all the connections are clean and tight. Both batts load test great, and are only 1.5 year old.
i do know that both alts do charge but i don't have a digital meter (its on the list) but they are about where they should be.

so if i need to change it then so be it but i just wanted to make sure. ___________________________________________________________________________
i know this is a little long winded but i wanted to make sure i gave enough information

thank yall

Keith_J

What is the actual voltage? The white tick on the green should be 28.8 volts. Green-yellow is 26 volts. When pre glow before starting, the indicator will be in the yellow, going to red during cranking.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks