Another M817 wanted.

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking for straight and nice M817 . Close to Indiana is best, but have shipped them before.

I will have to sell or mortgage my 929, so the seller of the 817 will need to be patient.

Last edited:

m715mike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How do you define “near Indiana”? A friend of mine has a M817 dump truck for sale in Texas. He also has a M929 for sale.

If you are interested, I’d be happy to put you in contact with him.

rneely

I have an M925 in Michigan. Excellent shape.

1984 AM General M925
5-ton cargo truck, soft top, 6x6 drive, 20,000 lbs recovery winch, drop sides cargo body, troop seats, Cummins NHC-250, 6 cylinder diesel engine, spin-on oil filter conversion, block heater, Allison 5 speed automatic transmission with 2 speed transfer case, 11:00xR 20 Goodyear G177 tires, camo cargo cover, no rust, very good condition. New Hawker batteries. Mileage is now at 2143 miles. Picked up at 1103 miles since RRAD rebuild in 11/09 and have driven it 1039 miles since owning it, doing parades and grandchildren rides. Maintenance records available, clear MI title. $10,900

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave and Frank. I keep peace with my wife claiming that I make a few bucks by buying, repairing and selling these trucks. Now the sales have stopped on the 939 series (mostly). I regretted selling my M817 but with extreme patience, found a cherry M929A2 to replace it at a great price (got lucky at auction).

Yes....seriously....finding that needle (extremely nice 817) in the haystack at wholesale price is exactly what I need.
Then I add my $2/hour labor because "it's a keeper".

Unfortunately since I don't have your millions of $$$ behind me, Frank, I'll have to sell the 929..... and that is causing some inner regrets already (but could use the cash). Not many have this nice bed.

Edit Thanks Mike for the lead. I'm hoping to find out more.

Attachments

Last edited:

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's an M817 on a popular auction site coming up. It has a winch and 14.00's. Take a shot at it.

That is a cool truck. The sale ends in September and Portland Oregon is a long haul. It's on the radar but I bet it sells for a premium.

I twisted my back (disk-nerve) moving some steel on Sunday. I am not in a rush. I'm out of any real exertion for a few days

Next week I have some shop time for the 929 to put new air dryer, chase down a "losing prime" replacing hoses, turning up the fuel and RPM. If I do sell, it should fetch a good price.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still looking to line up an 817, collecter quality, at Franks suggested $6k. I can swing that.

Otherwise I'll have to sell my 929A2 or mortgage it to complete the deal.

The biggest requirement besides runable is, the bed should not have set with water in it.

The prior suggestions are appreciated and followed up, thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks