• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another MV for my daughters inheritance

muttly

I've been flirting with the idea of buying a duce, but most were in rough shape or too far away. I hit all craigslist one day and this one came up 30 miles from the house. I told the boss this was a sign from the diesel and canvas gods and there would be a pox on our house if I didn't bring it home. 1970 AM General with a white multi fuel powerplant, came with a trailer, extra tires and rims, extra set of heads still in the box, complete pioneer kit, and a foot locker half full of parts and gaskets including a new air pack. The top was rotten so I bought some canvas form The Chicago Canvas Co. and made a new one. I've been doing the PMs and have found no problems except brake adjustment and two fuel leaks I had to fix. IMG_3161.JPGIMG_3161.JPGIMG_3165.JPGIMG_3160.JPGIMG_3269.JPG

Menaces Nemesis

"Little Black Truck" Conservator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Quite often folks post here wanting to know what a deuce in good shape is currently going for... if I may be so bold, would you share with us what you gave for this varied and wondrous treasure? (BTW, I'm particularly envious of the "new heads still in box")

muttly

Quite often folks post here wanting to know what a deuce in good shape is currently going for... if I may be so bold, would you share with us what you gave for this varied and wondrous treasure? (BTW, I'm particularly envious of the "new heads still in box")
That is one of the two questions I get from everyone it show it to. The answer is $6,000.00 US. The other question is "What are you going to do with that?"

Menaces Nemesis

"Little Black Truck" Conservator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is one of the two questions I get from everyone it show it to. The answer is $6,000.00 US. The other question is "What are you going to do with that?"
Killer Deal! Congrats! That's a 20-years-ago kinda deal!
When I first brought my truck home 4 years ago, my next door neighbor stomped out of his house, walked up to me and said "what in God's name are you going to do with THAT!" I looked him in the eye and adamantly replied "I'm going to drive it to lunch every day!" :twisted:

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good looking package and a great deal. It’ll look even better with that new canvas. You’ll have to post another picture with the new canvas on

muttly

Killer Deal! Congrats! That's a 20-years-ago kinda deal!
When I first brought my truck home 4 years ago, my next door neighbor stomped out of his house, walked up to me and said "what in God's name are you going to do with THAT!" I looked him in the eye and adamantly replied "I'm going to drive it to lunch every day!" :twisted:
I thought so myself. He originally wanted $7,500.00 but since he top was rotten he he dropped it to $6,000.00. I still haven't sewn my wallet pocket back on, I'm not sure there is enough fabric left.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks