• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

another MV threatened by code enforcement

Csm Davis

I am recounting what happened to a Friend he lives near the gulf coast before Katrina few if any neighbors liked having a "old ugly big junk MV" in their hood but when water got high and he drove house to house picking folks off the roof in the middle of the storm and after when they were stuck on a high spot he would drive out and get food and water for them. They thought he was great but a few years go by and one of the same one that were saved from a bad swim called the code office to complain. luckily the officer has used good judgment and not been a big pain. I helped some by pointing out that the code that Mister ungrateful was citing also applied to his h1 hummer, it states no vehicles with tires over 35" tall can be kept in the hood! That has shut his mouth for now:-D

wb1895

There are some people out there that only want things when THEY need them. He doesnt want to look at a deuce but when the crap hits the fan (again) he will be the first one begging for a ride.

I am a LEO and these are the same people who dont want to see police around, but are the first ones to complain about not seeing a cop around when something bad happens.

mckeeranger

Mr. ungrateful has an H1 Hummer and he's complaining about a deuce?

My guess is he's jealous that his ride isn't the biggest and baddest in the neighborhood. Instead of getting a 5-ton, he's trying to use the government to downsize the competition.

Csm Davis

Mr. ungrateful has an H1 Hummer and he's complaining about a deuce?

My guess is he's jealous that his ride isn't the biggest and baddest in the neighborhood. Instead of getting a 5-ton, he's trying to use the government to downsize the competition.
no his is a civi and pretty , the code was written to keep out the big mud trucks that are common down here the deuce would probably be ok if it had chrome rims street tires and shiny paint and a mufflerauarofl

armadillofz1

very true. we had a woman locally that hated for some reason seeing produce vendors on the side of the road selling fresh fruit and corn and such. she took it apon herself to singlehandedly have a law passed that banned produce vending on county maintained roads. not a terribly big deal in the end as they just moved a bit to state maintained roads and continued vending. icing on the cake was that this law also covers Yard sales and garage sales, flea markets, and any such activity. ( i love this part) turns out that she was an avid yard sale junkie. she lived her life to go to garage sales. so in the end at least on paper she completely shot herself in the foot. now this law has done nothing to curb the highly illicit and dangerous yard sale activities in the county but technically...

people can't just mind thier own business. be cool to your neighbor, one day he might be the only thing moving other than Noah...

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I live near the entrance of my complex. I have aobut 35 houses in the complex. I have 3 whinners continually complaining about my trucks. Last night someone tried to throw a rock through the windshield of my 1009 with a note attached to it. Police just left after taking the report.

They tried to get the builder to kick the truck out. He asked but I asked who was complaining, he refused to say so I refused to move. Then the police came but said it wasn't even worth the stop other than at least I offered them coffee. Guess that failed. Then they threw trash on my lawn and left a note in the mailbox. Now they are resorting to vandalism. What wonderful neighbors.

tamangel

time for lights and cameras for surveilance..maybe a few late nights.. Need to record all info re: the whiners..vehicle types, descriptions, etc.. maybe you can capture them in the act ! Keep the local PD apprized of all happenings and request extra patrols die to the 'escalating threats of violence' against you..

Good luck,

Mike

tm america

call the state police tell them you are being threatened and your house is being vanalized and that the city police are doing nothing about it. they will get internal affairs involved then i bet it will stop real quick.i had to do this when my truck got bombed in my driveway the city police didnt even get there for three hours and when they did they didnt call the atf to do the investigation .by the time they did the finger prints that were clear as day were washed off by the three days of rain we got.hey at least they did an investigation so what if it took them four days till they did it.gotta love gary indiana:roll:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Cranac, us ga boys need to stick together, how about some of us visit, sorta baby sit and/or put a protective ring around your place, 819, a few deuces, maybe a few 5ts. this way the 1009 will look SMALL. if nothing ealse catch the basturds making the mess

Skip

busy bodies

these people just jerk my chain. they are the same ones that complain about my gas guzzler Jeep but are first to call me when they are stuck. they don't like my HAM antennas but want us when a disaster hits.
the bottom line is they want what they want but you can only have what they say. but if they need something and you don't have it you are a a$$hole.

Yohan

I'm telling you boys, this "codes enforcement" thing is a load of garbage! It runs contrary to one of the basic tenants of America- PRIVATE PROPERTY. You take this away and you're left with, well, code enforcement goons.

If someone doesn't like what you park on your property, or the color of your house, or the kind of lumber you build your shed or house with, or the kind of dog you have, or the kind of bumper sticker on your car, there's not a d*mn thing they can do about it... enter the code enforcement officer!

Now they have some pretend way of getting you to comply with the will of a town board or some "committe" who decides what you can or can't do with your propery. Aren't you gald we have such concerned people looking out for everyone's interests?

My grandfather never bought a permit to build any of his buildings for his construction business. When the town hassled him, he told them that they can decide what he does with his property when they start paying the taxes on it.

If people collectively started telling these clowns to look in any of the other three directions available to them, someone might get the message that they have no more "power" than we allow them to have. Just a thought.

rideni

I had some minor problems recently, only thing they could do was have the city cite me for a drainage pipe violation, which the inspector told me to just rip out the pipe and an open trench would be ok, so I did that an made a big muddy mess.
Now I fly a much bigger rebel flag, gadsen flag, and when the rat fink neighbor needed some help during the recent snow storm I told them off

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks