• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another "source" for alternator and p.s. belts for our CUCVS...

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found a place on the 'net that sells alternator and power steering belts for our CUCVs.

I put these on my newly acquired 1986 M1008 CUCV pickup and they fit perfectly with the adjustments in the "middle range" of the brackets. Can't comment on longivity, but look to be pretty good belts at a good price.

Linky:

http://www.vbeltsupply.com/

The belts were $4.82 ea.

Part numbers:

15580, 15490 and 15455

001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg

Last edited:

scottladdy

Thanks for the info. By chance, did you use a belt tension gauge to determine the actual tension on these belts? Tension spec. is 67 lbs. for a belt that has been run in for 15 minutes at much higher tension (approx. 146 lbs.). Check the -20 for the procedure.

I'd be interested if these were set to specification and in the mid-range. Please let us know how these hold up.

Best regards ...

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the info. By chance, did you use a belt tension gauge to determine the actual tension on these belts? Tension spec. is 67 lbs. for a belt that has been run in for 15 minutes at much higher tension (approx. 146 lbs.). Check the -20 for the procedure.

I'd be interested if these were set to specification and in the mid-range. Please let us know how these hold up.

Best regards ...
No, no tension gauge used - just many years of experience adjusting tension by "feel"... :p

I tend to tighten them firm initially knowing they will seat afterwards and recheck the tension later.

Yes, I'll keep everyone posted and these belts were NOT made in china...

scottladdy

My pleasure.

They are cheap enough that I keep one in the glove box of each of my manually tensioned vehicles, as well as the tool box in the shop. I also keep spare belts. That way I can replace a belt properly if one brakes when on the road.

Full Disclosure: FWIW. I am in no way affiliated with Dayco. I personally prefer to use Gatorbacks on my CUCV's. Just hoping this helps out fellow members.

Keith_J

I got my spares from another online retailer...for even less. Domestic made too. If you know the numbers, searching is easy.

This is a problem with most auto parts stores, they only know application and if you have the size/part number, they are flustered. Ran into that tonight on a coolant hose for an oil cooler. The vehicle is only 9 years old yet no one had the part in their computer. They let me look through their hose collection and I found one of the right diameters (3/4" one end, 5/8" the other) and length, only it lacked the S bend. No biggie, that was slight so all is well.

Record the numbers, locate the parts and stock up on spares. Keep the sleeves handy in the glove compartment for the next swap.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny, I had the problem of "what type vehicle is it" Saturday with a hose. My wife called around and I told her just tell them it does not matter, here is the NAPA part number. O'Reilly's had them. When I had the part in hand only then did I tell them it was for a Deuce. :)

Good find on the belts.

RedneckMilenko

I'm looking for the belts for my M1009, I got the belts for a civi 6.2 diesel but quickly found out they didn't fit at all. I'd lke to use gatorbacks but have no idea what to ask for. Anyone have part numbers?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For each of the trucks we attempt to have all the frequently asked questions as stickies at the top of the forums. When we refer to the Wiki we are referring to the Wikipedia post that has been created.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks