• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Wrecker question

Jimmy

I got a set of field chocks for my wrecker and was going to fab up the mounts to put them on top of the boom. Does anybody have a good picture of the mounting brackets? I have see them facing front and some facing back. What is the proper direction?

I can see them on this picture but it doesn't look right to me.

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am sure someone with military experience will chime in, but I would bet that there is no correct direction for the field spades. To the best of my knowledge, this was a field modification (at least they were not on my M936A2). As such, I would bet these mods are subject to individual interpretation. Good luck.

nickd

I have seen the spades mounted on the boom at Murrays and if I remember correctly they were side by side with the dirt ends in opposite directions on top of the boom.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i have mine on the top of the boom facing the rear. bolt holes line up that way. but... i have seen one pic that is super neat. holding loops or such with the spades under the bed. one each side of the winch. i think you would pull a pin or something and slide them out the rear. the only thing that is seen is the big end that sticks out some in the rear. i have never pulled the spads down. but i will have to soon to paint them, rusted kinda bad. Tim

5tonpuller

From what I understand it was a individual interpretation of the field modification. There was to much stuff on the bed and some where getting broke when the boom was turned. Thats what I was told by the guys in the shop.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks