• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ant Mounting Locations, M35A2C

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
the TM calls for a pole behind the cab, and the antenna mounts to it.. WAY too high, in my opinion.. You'll catch telephone wires and bridges too easily... I prefer the 5 ton style "mount it on the fender" bracket.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If mounted on a pipe behind the cab, the pipe is supposed to be 5 FT high with a sugar scoop mount attached by U-clamps. The antennas should be tied down pointing forward when moving. Good for NVIS on HF and VHF but not to good for long distances. Mine are arranged as they are so I can drive with them up. The tip of the HF antenna is just short of 13FT high and is taller than the tip of the VRC-12 antenna. I was able to get about 15 miles on the 6M ham band with the VRC-12 set and the antenna vertical. I like the VRC-12 set, it is powerful, rugged, and hard to steal.

11ACR-LT

So the behind the cab mounting would be like the convoy light ? What does the 5 ton set up kook like? Someone at a show told me that there were cab mounts that go over the side vents ?
Thanks

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The cab mounts that go over the vent are designed for the dump trucks. Tactical Truck had some of the kits as II bought one a few years back. Very complete.

acetomatoco

yup and I put one on my M275A2 and also my M543A2 some years back... small hands and a steady drill are required... RAM (a charter member of the Ace Tomato Co.)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You must be Kidding me? Folks let me introduce Ross AKA RAM. Buddy, took you long enough to find us here Sir. Welcome to Steel Soldiers and dip into the chat room one evening, its a hoot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks