• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Antenna on deuce?

jluv1185

I want to mount a antenna on my deuce, but i want to put it in the right spot. I have the spring base mount already and was wondering where is the proper place to put it, and how is it mounted? I have seen them in many places. If anyone has one already on their deuce can you post some pics for me?

Thanks,
Justin

whyme

ive also seen many mount positions. my truck has a mast behind the passenger side of the cab where the beacon would go. ive seen this on other trucks so i assume its common, the antenna and base where removed bu the military so sry no pics. i have also seen them mounted on the front fender in front of the air cleaner (only on an A3 tho), the rest where mounted on the front right of the bed and a few on the right side near the front of the bed.

Stagg

Sorry fellas, all of these are on the net.
Tomorrow when I get a chance I'll upload 'em to the site.
For now use your finger, and click the links:p

I have to admit I've never taken a picture of just the antenna, or its mount.

This one belongs to Allan... I've got to have someone to talk to.

BTW I think one reason for the mast, is the soft top. Its the only way to get the mount that high (for good or bad)
On 5 ton wreckers, I have seen the sugar scoop bolted right to the side of the hardtop. That Iowa unit had the thing mounted right behind the window at the top. I've lost the picture though. Has anyone bought one of those wreckers?

Last edited:

ctmustang

I mounted mine on the right hand side of the truck to the bed. I can ride around town with it up and not hit the street lights or anything. Also on the right side it wont get to swaying and hit oncoming traffic when it passes I hope. The pic is over here on the left but you have to look hard.
CT

Stagg

My only grip with the pole system, is that it catches on everything. Tree limbs, garage doors, the moon... the state made me put a blinking light on it to keep airplanes safe. But thats the way it came from the military, so I haven't messed with it. Yet.

Height wise it works fine when pulled over (and even when upright isn't too bad) and the RT 524 still works decently.
That said I've bought a spacer for the bed, so I can try something new.
They say learn something new everyday, so I guess I should get that thing switched quick:) its been two months now!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks