• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Antoher brake post

TommyG45

Hey guys,

I am pricing out a few items and thinking through doing the brakes on the Deuce.

I discovered by reading a bunch of posts on here that brake linings are available. Fastened via rivets...

It appears that some have actually replaced their linigs http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=17178&highlight=brake+lining

My question is cost. I looked at Saturn today and it looks like they want $29.50 per shoe. Did I read this correctly, or are they really charging per set?

If it's per shoe, and you do all shoes that equates to $354.00

The linings are $28.50 for four which equates to $85.50 for all.

Big question, is it $28.50/shoe, or per set of shoes?

Has anyone had any success stories doing the linings themself? with any experiences to share ?

I just thought it was strange to sell by the shoe... is it common to mix and match where perhaps you would only replace one shoe. I know from the TM each shoe is adjusted independantly or thats what it seemed like first pass through the TM. TM-9-2320-361-20 page 8-22

Any thoughts.

thanks

Tommy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks